Mel Gibson will be returning to the franchise in a prequel series of John Wick movies. The film has been confirmed for release next year, with director Chad Stahelski confirming that his latest installment is not the last we’ll see of Keanu Reeves’s legendary assassin.
Mel Gibson has been cast in the John Wick prequel series. Fans were not happy at first, but then they got over it. Less than 24 hours later, Twitter decided to go into meltdown mode by trying to ban people who posted about Mel Gibson’s casting on their official Twitter account. The company is now locked out of its own account and still attempting to figure out how this happened..The Hollywood Reporter reports that Mel Gibson has signed on to star in the upcoming John Wick prequel series of movies. The development is not sitting well with many, who are already up-in-arms over casting Lewis Pullman for the role of Keanu Reeves’ title character after he was accused by his ex-girlfriend of domestic abuse just last month.
“John Wick” is a 2014 action film starring Keanu Reeves as a retired hitman who returns to his former life when he’s forced out of retirement to seek revenge. The film was directed by Chad Stahelski and David Leitch, with the screenplay written by Derek Kolstad.
Mel Gibson is cast in the John Wick prequel series, causing a Twitter meltdown.
Mel Gibson is slated to feature in The Continental, a John Wick origin story, and the Twitter hordes are said to be hammering on the door. They’re being snarky on the internet because they’re afraid to go outdoors since they haven’t had their booster shot this week, and putting on trousers that big is a team effort. It’s simply simpler to slam Cheeto-caked fingers on a little screen and pretend to be outraged over something that happened over a decade and a half ago; against a group with whom they, too, share an unusual infatuation. Don’t you believe they have something in common?
Mel Gibson has been cast as the lead in Starz and Lionsgate Television’s ‘John Wick’ origin series ‘The Continental.’ https://t.co/0UdTbUHw3K
October 18, 2021 — Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE)
According to Deadline, the prequel will be shown as a three-night special event TV series produced by Lionsgate Television for Starz.
The Continental will delve into the importance of the same-named hotel, which appears prominently in the John Wick movie. The series will be told from the viewpoint of a young Winston Scott, who returns to a 1975 New York City to face his previous traumas. Winston recreates his life in New York’s sordid underbelly before arriving at the hotel, which is home to the world’s most dangerous assassins. Scott, who is portrayed in the movie by Ian McShane, has yet to be cast, since Gibson will be playing a character named Cormac.
Outside of the classic Simpsons episode way back in 1999 and a television series in his own country of Australia, The Sullivans, which aired from 1976 to 1983, it’s an uncommon appearance on the small screen for the Academy Award winner. If the Lethal Weapon series had begun today, it would undoubtedly be bigger than the John Wick phenomenon, which has made roughly $600 million to far. The fourth installment of John Wick is presently shooting in Germany, France, and Japan.
Gibson’s achievements, like his controversies, are many. Oksana Grigorieva, his then-girlfriend, leaked many private recordings of the couple’s tumultuous split in 2009, which was subsequently resolved for a reputed $15 million. If you want to hear all the amazing things Mel had to say to that Ice Queen, I recommend the Opie & Anthony coverage, as legendary as the recordings are. That tale has a good conclusion; in 2015, the Russian singer-songwriter and ex-boyfriend of Timothy Dalton was forced to return $500,000 of Mel’s money due to a violation of a confidentiality agreement.
But it’s the craziness that William Wallace did in 2006, when he was intoxicated and yelling at a Jewish police officer, that has these Twitter trolls in a tizzy. Isn’t it all water under the bridge now that he’s apologized? He made good on his promise to society. Isn’t that what all of these oddballs want? Clearly, they’re taking the news with stride.
This is fantastic news. This provides hope to all racists, homophobes, misogynists, and anti-Semites! https://t.co/Rk56iGn1U5
— (@JoshMalina) (((Joshua Mahalloweenalina)) October 19, 2021
When there are so many programs to choose from, it’s good when one makes it simple to skip! https://t.co/4NQdMRYoQN
October 19, 2021 — Sage Hyden / Just Write (@sagehyden)
To ensure that I never watch your show, publicly publicize the presence of racists. https://t.co/p58tGXBz5A
— Brandon (@jorm), your pal, October 18, 2021
Well, this is a letdown. Mel Gibson, the raging asshole and anti-Semitic shitheel, is about to wreck the John Wick series. There are a lot of good actors out there. Why bother dealing with obnoxious morons like this? https://t.co/4IfQg7WFuK
October 18, 2021 — Scaredy Kat (@Ninjaharlot)
Mel Gibson is evidence that there is no such thing as cancel culture when a woman-beating, anti-Semitic bigot can still find employment. https://t.co/oOx3GWKw8V
October 18, 2021 — Meredith Lee (@meralee727)
That’s only a tiny sampling of the high degree of intelligence that may be found on society’s blazing garbage heap. They still despise watching The Continental at the end of the day because they’re pitiful, and Mel is one of the greatest ever. It’s a pain to suck.
- will there be a john wick 4
- where to watch john wick 3
- winston john wick